Here are the ten rules of OPSEC, in basic terms:
- Don’t discuss current or future destinations/ ports of call/deployment bases.
- Don’t discuss current or future operations or missions.
- Don’t discuss current or future dates and times of exercises or missions.
- Don’t discuss readiness issues and numbers.
- Don’t discuss specific training equipment.
- Don’t discuss people’s names and operations.
- Don’t speculate about current or future operations.
- Don’t spread rumors about current, future, or past operations or movements.
- Don’t assume the enemy is not trying to collect information on you; he/she is.
- Be smart, use your head, and always think OPSEC when using email, phone, chat rooms and message boards.
Anyways. Just thought I'd bring this to your attention. As much as I love talking about Tyler's career and our fun life together, I value his safety more than anything. Thanks for keeping your lips sealed as well!