Pages

22 September 2010

catch of the day.

Camping. 
America's pastime.  (or maybe just ours)
peace.  quiet.  nature.  relaxation.  sweatshirts.  campfires.  s'mores.  hot dogs.  dirty fingernails. 
All good.
However...this camping trip was a little different than what i am used to.  not only were we sweating the whole 48 hours we were there...well...you see to the right of ty's head in the picture below?  all those people are...well...people. noisy, obnoxious, awful people.  we went to a state park over labor day and apparently, everyone goes for day trips to the watering hole/swimming beach.  it felt like we were in a water park.  oh well.  one of these days, we'll be back in the rockies listening to nothing but birds chirping. 

this is my handsome husband.  and what he's holding is his handsome catch.  this largemouth bass was just waiting for the piece of raw chicken tyler was using as bait. 

He was as giddy as a school boy.  rightly so.  before i could blink, he pulled the knife out and had that sucker cleaned and ready to cook.  apparently it tasted as good as it looked.  (no, i did not try it.  it's taken me years to like fish...so far i can eat small portions of salmon and fish and chips...i'm getting there).


it really was a great trip, despite the couple things we could have gone without.  we're hoping to head back in november, when it's chillier and hopefully not as busy. 

time to get back to my knitting project!  thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments:

Nate & Erin said...

You're welcome. For stopping by I mean. ;) Miss you Dani!

Kerrie Lightfoot said...

OK. I am sooooo mad at you for NOT telling me about this super cute blog!!!! What??? I can't wait to go back and read all the posts!!!!

p.s. It's gonna take a while for me to forgive you for this!........ :)

Brittany said...

I really really was going to feature you, but the rain was so bad here it took me the ENTIRE day to bring Aidyn to his dads!

I think I am going to feature you this weekend! :) I love your little stinkin cute family, and your blog..

seriousy!

Didnt want you to think I forgot about you :))